PhD, Accounting, 2006, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
BS, Accounting, 2001, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Assistant Professor of Accounting, The Hong Kong
University of Science and Technology (HKUST), July 2009 - present
- Assistant Professor of Accounting,
University of Rochester, July 2006 - June 2009
- "Evidence on the Information Content of Text in Analyst
Reports" Forthcoming at The Accounting Review,
November 2014, 89 (6) 2151-2180. (with Allen Huang and Rong Zheng).
- "Evidence on the Trade-Off between Real Activities
Manipulation and Accrual-Based Earnings Management." The
Accounting Review, March 2012, 87 (2) 675-703.
- "What Determine Financial Analysts' Career Outcomes During
Mergers?" Journal of Accounting and Economics,
March 2009, 59-86. (with Joanna Shuang Wu)
- "CEO Reputation and Earnings Quality."
Contemporary Accounting Research,
Volume 25, Issue 1, Spring 2008. (with Jennifer Francis, Allen
Huang and Shiva Rajgopal)
SELECTED WORKING PAPER
- "A Thematic Analysis of Analyst Information Discovery
and Information Interpretation Roles," coauthored with Allen
Huang, Reuven Lehavy and Rong Zheng.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Duke University Graduate Fellowship, 2001 - 2006
- Deloitte & Touche Foundation Doctoral Fellowship Award, 2004
- American Accounting Association Doctoral Consortium Fellow,
- PricewaterhouseCoopers/Long Tao Scholarship, China 2000