ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Head and Professor, HKUST, April, 2007-June
- Professor and Senior Wei Lun Fellow, HKUST,
January, 2006- July, 2007
- Associate Professor and Senior Wei Lun Fellow, HKUST,
July 2004 - December, 2005.
Special Appointment Professor, Tsinghua University, July
2002 - June 2005.
- Senior Economist, International Monetary Fund, November
2001 - July 2004.
- Economist, International Monetary Fund, July 2000 -
- Associate Professor, HKUST, July 1998 - August 2002.
- Assistant Professor, HKUST, July 1993 - June
- Assistant Professor, University of Montreal, June 1991 - June
- Visiting Scholar, University of Rochester, July 1996 to
Economic Growth, money and banking
- Wang, Ping and Xie, Danyang, 2004. "Activation of a Modern Industry,"
of Development Economics, Elsevier,
vol. 74 (2), pages 393-410, August.
- Danyang Xie & Chi-wa Yuen, 2003. "A Dynamic General Equilibrium
Framework of Investment with Financing Constraint",
Staff Papers, International Monetary
Fund, vol. 50 (2), pages 6.
- Kongsamut, Piyabha and Rebelo, Sergio &
Xie, Danyang, 2001 "Beyond
Balanced Growth", Review of Economic Studies,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 68(4), pages 869-82, October.
- Hongyi Li & Danyang Xie & Heng-Fu Zou, 2000. "Dynamics
of income distribution,"
Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics
Association, vol. 33(4), pages 937-961, November
Rebelo, Sergio & Xie, Danyang,1999. "On the Optimality of Interest Rate
Smoothing, Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43 (2), pages 263-282, April.
An Endogenous Growth Model with Expanding Range of
Consumer Goods and Producer Durables, International
Economic Review, 1998.
(With Shantayanan Devarajan and Hengfu Zou) Should Public
Capital Be Subsidized or Provided? Journal of Monetary
On Time Consistency: A Technical Issue in Stackelberg
Differential Games, Journal of Economic Theory,
Divergence in Economic Performance: Transitional Dynamics
with Multiple Equilibria, Journal of Economic Theory, 1994.
- Increasing Returns and Increasing Rates of Growth,
of Political Economy, 1991.
SELECTED WORKING PAPERS
Wang Pengfei and
D. Xie, "Endogenous Trade Patterns and
Economic Growth," Manuscript, 2008.
Wang P., and D. Xie, "Real Effects
of Steady Inflation in the Presence of Labor Market Search
Frictions: Might Mundell-Tobin be Right?" Manuscript, 2008
- Miao Jianjun and D. Xie, "Monetary Policy
and Economic Growth under Money Illusion," Manuscript, 2007.
REFEREE FOR SCIENTIFIC JOURNALS
- American Economic Review, Canadian Journal of Economics, Economic Inquiry, Econometrica, Journal of
Development Economics, Journal of Economic Dynamics
and Control, Journal of Economic Growth, Journal of Macroeconomics, Journal of Monetary Economics, Journal
of Money, Credit and Banking, Journal of Public Economics, Pacific Economic Review, Southern Economic
ASSOCIATE EDITOR: Annals of Economics and Finance
EDITORIAL ADVISORY COUNCIL: Pacific Economic Review